Imaging through Volume Turbulence (IVT)
Get clearer electro-optical and infrared imagery even through snow, rain and wind distortions
Over long distances electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imagery can be distorted by atmospheric turbulence caused by heat. This limits a user’s ability to detect, recognize and identify objects from a safe distance. Using specialized image processing algorithms, MDA’s Imaging through Volume Turbulence (IVT) capability removes this distortion and provides a clearer image of the object.
||This technology is available in server-based and small form factor configurations to meet specific size, weight and power (SWaP) requirements. IVT can be integrated into stationary structures or mobile platforms on the ground, at sea or in the air.
Image clarity in real time
By increasing a sensor’s operational range, we enable the user to remain unobserved and accurately identify and classify objects at long-range with greater confidence. MDA integrates our proven EO/IR capabilities with image enhancing technologies to provide the user, such as a law enforcement agent, with improved situational awareness and the ability to detect unseen threats – day or night, in the harshest conditions.
- Removes image distortion caused by atmospheric turbulence to provide a true image of an object
- Improves image clarity through electronic stabilization and local contrast enhancement
- Extends the operational range and effectiveness of a sensor for unmatched range performance
- Increases situational awareness and improves response time
- Maximizes performance of existing sensor systems
- Extends service life of the current generation of sensors while
- Integrates easily with most camera systems
Ideal for long distance optical surveillance and targeting where enhanced resolution is needed, including:
- Law enforcement (border patrol, surveillance)
- Military (land, air and sea based ISR)
For more information, contact us.
View our video on IVT: